Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Burkoms - Still Camping!

Hello!  Thanks so much for your comments on the last blog.  Today started the days that will follow of seeing very little of Marc.  He's a supervisor, and the supervisors are doing a lot of training and team-building activities, so we see him for meals.  When camp starts, he'll have a schedule of where he'll be all day, so we'll be able to catch up to him more frequently.  The campers aren't here yet; they actually don't arrive until next Sunday, so there's still another week of staff training.  Since I won't be working until second session, I am free all day to explore and wander.

After breakfast, which took place in this building:


Maizy and I walked past the "theatre":


where Marc watched an impromptu performance


of this tiny person:


Maizy and I passed our dorm:


(our two rooms are the ones on the second floor on the right)

and walked around to the dorms where the youngest kids will be staying.  The youngest kids are in third grade, and their dorms will be the dorms closest to ours that house children.  Maizy and I then went to our lounge which is downstairs in our building (because our upstairs still doesn't have air conditioning!!!) and played with a Jenga set for a while.  We then came up to watch a bit of Mickey on the computer and read and played until lunch.  

Maizy is not liking camp food so much, but I think it has a lot to do with the timing.  Lunch is when she would be taking a nap at home, so I've been stretching her nap until after lunch, but she's pretty cranky. Dinner isn't until 6:30, so she's very tired by then as well.  It will take a few more days to get her acclimated to our new schedule.  

After lunch, Maizy and I had a nice nap (don't worry; we've accumulated more fans!), and then we went to the pool for staff swim.  There wasn't much staff there, but we met the aquatics director who gave Maizy a life jacket and the assistant aquatics director, who I'm going to assume can teach Maizy how to swim this summer.  I didn't take any pictures of the pool today because I had to trail my daughter, who has NO FEAR of anything, and she ran in the water over and over until her mouth was covered.  I was teaching her to blow bubbles, but she just sticks her tongue out as if the pool is a giant sippy cup and tries to drink.  The pool has a nice beach entry, so I didn't have to worry about her going under, and I am happy that she is not afraid of the water, but let's just say I'm excited that there are lots of lifeguards!  ***Mom, don't freak out; I promise I'm watching her very closely!***

We changed and met Marc for dinner and were able to get a family shot:


before strolling home:



Marc had to go back out for more training, and I put Maizy to bed and figured out how to post pictures on to this blog all by myself (hopefully they show up!).  Tomorrow, I will try to get a picture of the woodpecker that lives outside my window and wakes up before the sunrise!  

xoxo, Marcy

P.S.  Here is our location and the playground outside our dorm.










2 comments:

  1. Still loving it Marcy. Keep up the good work. Great pics!
    SSS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the playground.

    Aunt Anne

    ReplyDelete